Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
NoahR-20

-

Message contains no text

Mod
Stormy-RO

Re: TW: Overwhelmed mum

@NoahR-20 I'd like to welcome you to the community, we're really glad that you've found us. What you are going through is incredibly difficult and we're here to support you in any way we can.

It sounds like you have been incredibly unsupported by the father of your son. I can hear how his father is not present in his upbringing, has never been and how this has made you feel so alone. You have done a lot in the past helping your sister and her daughter and it sounds like your own family has not given you this support in return as they have "been there done that" with young children. It's challenging at the best of times to not have your help reciprocated and as you are looking for more support with your son draining the life out of you it sounds like you need it more than ever. I was wondering whether you are able to get in contact with your sister for support on what's been going on? It sounds like you've had a strong relationship in the past.

I also saw that you are feeling completely alone and that you don't want to leave the house or get out of bed anymore. I see that you feel this is affecting your son as he wasn't able to start kindy this year and doesn't have a routine or friends. You've been through a lot with trying to raise him with no support and I wanted to remind you that you're doing the best you can. Have you been able to see a GP around some of the thoughts and feelings you're having? You may find it helpful to see what they suggest for you.

We also wanted to let you know that we're sending you an email to check in around your wellbeing. Could you please respond to that when you get the chance? We're looking forward to hearing back from you.