Need help now?

Meeting others

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
mummyof3yearold

Meeting others

I'm a single mother just moved to a new state which I've never lived before and not having my own transport is taking away the opportunity for my son to go to daycare this year. He is 3. He does not get to interact with other children regularly. I feel guilty
Mod
Marimo-RO

Re: Meeting others

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @mummyof3yearold

Welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing your experience. I see that it has been tough for you to move to a new state.  Moving can be a challenging experience especially when you're a single parent and in an unfamiliar area. However, I would like to congratulate you on such a big achievement! I can also see that you're doing your best to provide your son with regular social interactions with other children.

Unfortunately at this moment, the ReachOut Parents Community is for supporting parents with teenagers and hence, we are unable to provide support to parents with young children.

I understand however, that connection with other parents can be an invaluable source of support. Parentline is a free and confidential phone service that can provide you with professional counselling and support. They also have an online community for parents to connect with each other.

I hope you are able to find the support that you need. Take care.