Need help now?

Please help

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Helpless85

Please help

Seeking advice. My partner and I started our relationship about 3 years ago, he has 3 kids and I have 3 of my own. Sounds like the Brady bunch right? Wrong! Blending our two families has been challenging. It came to a head tonight when his young daughter accused my teenage son of being inappropriate. All my formal training has told me to believe the victim, but I was grappling with believing my son who has never ever done anything like what he was accused of (it’s ok if you doubt me at this stage, it was my initial reaction too). She has just come out and admitted to lying about the whole incident. My partner is angry, I am angry. I feel fiercely protective of my son and know what these allegations can do. My question is do I stay or do I go. Do I chance another lie and put my son at risk or am I over reacting?
Contributor
Sophia-RO

Re: Please help

Hi @Helpless85 and welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through , it sounds like a really tough situation to be in. It sounds like you care a lot about your son and your partner's daughter and acted with compassion and care when navigating through this situation. Seems like this has been quite an upsetting experience for you and your partner. Have you had the chance to discuss this further with them? You spoke about whether you should leave the relationship, which sounds like a tough decision to make. Do you have anyone that you feel comfortable talking to about making this decision and discussing what is on your mind? 

Also, I just wanted to let you know that I have sent you an email.