Need help now?

Solo mum of two preteens

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
mumsuzof2

Solo mum of two preteens

I'm not coping.
The fighting between my 12yo son and 11yo daughter is awful.
My daughter has adhd and my son is on the path of asd diagnosis.
I'm struggling to keep it together.
I have no family support locally. Just a phone where I can speak to friends and family. But they are all going through their own stuff.
I have been in my room all day cause I need a break.
I'm sick of living in a war zone.
My daughter I'd very fiery if she doesn't get what she wants when she wants it.
Movie night last night was a disaster. Had plans for a nice day out with them but I couldn't do it. I just don't have any strength left.
Mod
Astra-RO

Re: Solo mum of two preteens

Message contains a hyperlink

Hey @mumsuzof2,

First off, welcome to the parents community and thanks for reaching out about the fighting that's been going on with your two preteens. 

It sounds like it's been such an exhausting time trying to keep the peace amidst all this fighting, especially with the lack of face to face supports you described. I can hear that you're hesitant to call friends and family because they are going through their own struggles? I'm wondering if you've had the chance to talk to a professional about this fighting, such as a GP? 

I can really see how much care and effort you have been putting into looking after your son and daughter, with movie night and the plans for a nice day out with them. It is really understandable that you need a break. I'm aware that your son and daughter are still preteens, so some of our articles may be a little out of this scope, but Raising Children have some information and advice on sibling fighting which you might find helpful. There is also Parentline as well who offer free and confidential one-on-one support for parents in NSW. 

I just wanted to let you know as well that we'll be sending you an email shortly to check in with you so please keep an eye out for that 

Active scribe
CatMaman

Re: Solo mum of two preteens

Hi mumsuzof2,

I empathise with you, it's really tough doing it on your own,
And I guess that's why this forum was created.
I just wanted to let you know I get what you're going through,
Some days it feels like you're in a war that won't ever end but there is hope.

All the best, I hope you get the support you need here

🤗 Catmaman