Need help now?

"Parenting Challenges: Limited Contact with my 7-Year-Old... How to Support my Son's Passion for Dra

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

"Parenting Challenges: Limited Contact with my 7-Year-Old... How to Support my Son's Passion for Dra

Scribe
Rusand

Hey there, I could really use your advice and support! 🙋‍♂️

So, here's the thing. I'm a divorced dad, and unfortunately, I don't get to have much contact with my awesome 7 year old son due to his mother's restrictions. It's been tough, but I recently discovered something that brings us both joy—his newfound love for drawing!

Now, here's where I need your help. I'm not exactly the artsy type myself, but I really want to support and connect with my son through his passion for drawing. I'm looking for some YouTube channels that are fun and educational, something that will really captivate his imagination and help him learn and grow.

If any of you know of any amazing YouTube channels that are perfect for a creative 7 year old like my son, I would be incredibly grateful for your suggestions. Your support means a lot, and I'm excited to explore these channels with him, even if we can't be together as often as I'd like. Thanks so much for your understanding.

Prolific scribe
Chloe-RO

Re: "Parenting Challenges: Limited Contact with my 7-Year-Old... How to Support my Son's Passio

Message contains a hyperlink

Hey @Rusand ,

Thank you for posting! It's incredible you can connect with your son through drawing. I'm sorry to hear there are limitations on access, but at the same time, good on you for finding his passion.

I hear you want to nurture your son's love of drawing.

Have you heard of directed drawing? Directed drawing is taught in so many schools because of it's benefits. Kids learn to follow instructions, lay the foundations of art, develop fine motor skills in a creative way, connect learning and it also supports them to give attention to detail!

An amazing channel teachers and families access is the Art for Kids Hub

This channel actually shows a father working with their kids to teach them to draw. 

Let us know what you think.