Need help now?

Family

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Riley89

Family

Hi I’m a father of 2 kids and a husband. We lost my 5 year old son at the beginning of the year. I was a truck driver for about 4 years, when I lost my son I decided wanted to be around my kids more so I came across a school bus driving job close to my kids. It’s great being around my kids but the money isn’t there. It seems like I’m digging a big hole financially just to be around my kids. I got a good job offer to go back to truck driving but that would mean being away from my kids again. Can someone help point me in the right direction? Because I’m not sure what the right thing would be to do
Prolific scribe
Andrea-RO

Re: Family

It sounds like you're in an incredibly difficult position @Riley89, and I can only imagine how hard it must be for you to be dealing with the loss of your son, as well as trying to work out how best to support your family right now. I think there are definite pros and cons to both, and it wouldn't be an easy decision to make by any stretch. I think a good place to start could potentially be to write a pros and cons list and talk about it with your family - this isn't a decision you have to make alone! Is there any chance that you could get a job that isn't one of the two you've mentioned, that would still be close to home, but put you in a bit better of a position finacially?