Need help now?

12 Year Old pansexual

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Active scribe
sueg1
Solved!

12 Year Old pansexual

My 12 year old son came to me last night, and said he was pan sexual. I did not even know what that was, I had to google and asked him to explain it to me. I listened to him, told him I loved him and that would never change. He asked me not to tell anyone, as the older generation in our family I am sure will look down on him, I'm just not sure on what to do or if I even need to do anything. Is this just a phase? Should I make him take some time off of social media and video games? As a mother I always want to do what is best for my children. I just dont know what to do now. 

Accepted Solutions
Active scribe
keladeine
Solution

Re: 12 Year Old pansexual

Hi,

I'm bi (which is very similar to pan) and I've known it since a very young age. By 15 I knew it, and I never really thought much of it. There was no social media back then, even the term bisexual was taboo.

It has never been a big part of my life, and honestly, it's one of the least interesting things about me.

It may be a phase, it may not.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Active scribe
keladeine
Solution

Hi,

I'm bi (which is very similar to pan) and I've known it since a very young age. By 15 I knew it, and I never really thought much of it. There was no social media back then, even the term bisexual was taboo.

It has never been a big part of my life, and honestly, it's one of the least interesting things about me.

It may be a phase, it may not.

Active scribe
sueg1

I will always support him in any and everything that he does, BUT i also know what a cruel mean world we live in now days. I think that is my biggest fear of it all for him. 

Active scribe
keladeine

The world seems to have become more and more accepting of fluidity, so there's that Smiley Happy

Active scribe
sueg1

Thank you
Scribe
veryqueer

It is very important that you support them no matter what, even if it is just a phase. don't punish them, it is very hard to come out and you should be very proud that they had the courage to do so.