Need help now?

16 year old daughter vaping smoking weed driving with friends in cars unlicensed being abusive

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

16 year old daughter vaping smoking weed driving with friends in cars unlicensed being abusive

Scribe
5kidsmumanddad

I’ve lost all control of My 16 year old daughter got no respect for our rules our house and everyone that lives here repeatedly smoking weed and vaping in our house just tells me to F*** off and don’t talk to me abusive name calling and trying to hit me was involved in a car accident few days ago with friends that were driving all unlicensed has now planned a party at an apartment this weekend with friends which I am not approving of but feel I have no choice and won’t be stopping her I just don’t know who to turn too for advice on how to manage this situation I’ve even gone as far as saying not putting up with this behaviour anymore if you can’t follow our rules you will have to find somewhere else to live. She is 1 of 5 and I’ve never gone through this with my other kids
Highlighted
Contributor
Bre-RO

Re: 16 year old daughter vaping smoking weed driving with friends in cars unlicensed being abusive

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @5kidsmumanddad 

I'm so sorry to read about what's going on for you and your family. I can imagine how stressed you must feel right now, especially since you've never encountered these challenges with your other children. 

I hear your concern - the smoking, vaping, swearing, hitting, and car accident would weigh heavily on you. Thank you for trusting us with this information and opening up. It sounds like you're being pushed to your absolute limit, and we'd like to do whatever we can to support you through these challenges. 

I have some suggestions for you to consider, so please let us know your thoughts. 

We provide a free one-on-one support service for parents, which you can sign up for here. This option might help give you some new tools to manage the situation. 

We also have a range of articles that might help as well. A few that come to mind are "set realistic boundaries with your teenager" and these articles about communication with teenagers

I hope you're able to find the right support to get through this tough time. We've also sent you an email, so when you have some free time to check it, please do.