Scribe
roland

School refusal

My teenage son refuses to go to school.
Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Re: School refusal

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @roland, welcome to ReachOut and thanks for posting. This is a common experience that many parents have. Other parents have also shared their concerns on ReachOut, you can find their posts here. It might be helpful to read these threads for some advice or just to know that you are not alone Heart Did you want to share a little more about what is going on? Do you know why your child is refusing to attend school?

Star contributor
Janine-RO

Re: School refusal

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @roland , 

I just thought I'd check in and see how you're doing with your son refusing to go to school, have things improved for you at all? 

We have some great resources on the ReachOut Parent's page which may be useful too, which have been developed for parents whose teens are refusing to go to school - you can check those out here , it includes a video of a mum talking about how her family coped with school refusal. 

These have definitely been strange times and it can be hard for kids adjusting to the new normal - I hope things are improving for your family, feel free to let us know how you're getting on Smiley Happy