Need help now?

my sister has asthma and really bad anxiety

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Casual scribe
OldestSister143

i am the oldest of 6 and i am 23 years old i take care of my brothers and sisters whom are 16,15,14,13,13 my 13 year old is acting up and stealing form our grandmother unfortunately.. and has been grounded for a few days ,,, and he is threatening to run away... how ever my 15 year old has extreme anxiety, and went into an asthma attack... because the boy isn't listening and trying to get out side.... I'm just looking on what to do and how i should go about this thank you 

Contributor
Sophia-RO

Re: my sister has asthma and really bad anxiety

Hello @OldestSister143, it sounds like you are going through a lot right now and things have been quite difficult for you lately. Looking after all your siblings sounds like a very busy job and big responsibility. Do you have much support around you that helps with this? It sounds like things have been particularly tough recently for some of your siblings. Have you had the chance to talk with the 13 year old about why they have been behaving this way? It might be helpful to understand what has been going on for them so you can try to get them to work with you to find a solution. Things also sound quite hard for your 15 year old sibling, do they see anyone for support and management of their anxiety and asthma? 

Highlighted
Casual scribe
OldestSister143

@Sophia-RO , HI yes i a lot of support we will full time with my grandmother, I've talked the 13 year when things started to cam down, he felt it was unfair to ground him and that why he threatened to run away.... Yes my 15 year old is usually able to calm her asthma and anxiety on her own... but when things are stressful its harder for to manage either.
Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Hey @OldestSister143, thank you so much for your response. It is great to hear that you have a lot of support. I am wondering if there is anything you do to look after yourself when things are stressful? It sounds like you have got a great relationship with the kids and that the lines of communication are open, which is really awesome to hear. It sounds like they really trust you and are honest with you about how they are feeling.

I am wondering if you have thought of chatting to a doctor about the anixety and asthma that your 15 year old sister is experiencing? All the best and please feel most welcome to keep us updated Heart