Need help now?

Son wants to wear his sisters shoes

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Sj274

My son has recently started coming to me and asking if he can wear his sisters shoes even her old school shoes to school and I'm really confused about what to do about it. What should I say to him about it?
Highlighted
Contributor
Sophia-RO

Re: Son wants to wear his sisters shoes

Hi @Sj274 and welcome to the forums! It sounds like this has been on your mind a bit, so it is great that you have reached out for some advice and support. You mentioned that your son approached you to wear his sisters old shoes, have you had the chance to discuss this further with your son and ask if there is any particular reason for this? Could they be a specific type or style of shoe that he likes?

Casual scribe
williamdrake

It sounds like this has been on your mind a bit, so it is great that you have reached out for some advice and support. You mentioned that your son approached you to wear his sisters old shoes, have you had the chance to discuss this further with your son and ask if there is any particular reason for this? I suggested you can visit a superstore and purchase same shoes and give your son.

Casual scribe
WereAllMadHere

Is there a reason he can't wear his sister's shoes? My two boys have bought more shoes from the girls department than the boys for their whole lives. They love rainbow, pink, purple and glitter. Clothes are clothes, they don't have gender. If they are heels and it's a safety concern, explain that to him. If you are afraid of bullying, explain to him the mild version of what people might say to him and then let him make his own choice.
Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Hi @WereAllMadHere,

Thanks for sharing your experience! We appreciate your suggestions and insights Heart
Active scribe
Erin0110

Hello, I can't see a real problem in this , if shoes fit him, why not

It's not a crime Smiley Happy