Need help now?

Ab Fab Friday's - What do your pets mean to you? 2nd March @8pm (AEDST)

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Ab Fab Friday's - What do your pets mean to you? 2nd March @8pm (AEDST)

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: Ab Fab Friday's - What do your pets mean to you? 2nd March @8pm (AEDST)

He's a chocolate labrador @Sister. I've only seen photos but he's got the most gentle eyes. It's amazing the confidence and security he has given my friend.

Contributor
Sister

@taokat,

We dont realize how great that life was with all those animals! However, we are where we are now for a reason...and at least we have our cats!

Super star contributor
taokat

I should add budgies, and a pair of peach faced parrots! Haha. 

Contributor
Sister

I hope your friend continues to do well with her beloved lab.

My aunty has 2 labradors and my son is really fond of them but wont offer to come with me to feed them or walk them when my aunt leaves town. His depression isn't the best for motivation...as you are probably aware.

Highlighted
Super star contributor
taokat

Life was pretty good! Animals each have personalities of their own, and the horses gave me a great outlet when I was a teen. I used to go riding or climb the guava tree and talk to them as they always came and hung around while I was up there. 

We are where we are for a reason @Sister. Loads to learn and manage, but we're getting there! Hope lives on Heart

Super star contributor
taokat

Well, it's 9pm so time to end for this week. The time has gone so quickly! Thank you @Sister and @Erin-RO for making it an awesome Ab Fab Friday!

Have a lovely weekend, and see you in the forum Smiley Happy

Contributor
Sister

Yes. Hope @taokat.

Is that where you got your taokat name from....your **bleep** cats? No need to "tell" me if you don't wish...confidentiality on the forum is important.

You certainly had a load of animals......what memories and hope they were all good ones!

Super star contributor
taokat

It's such a shame isn't it @Sister, as we know they would no doubt lift his spirits, but depression suffocates motivation and enthusiasm. It's a horrible illness that feeds on itself. My heart goes out to you and your son, as it's also very frustrating to live with. 

Because it's not related to my cats, I can tell you lol. However Tao was the name of my uncles cat - the first cat I ever lived with for a couple of months Smiley Happy

Hope to see you back next week. I've really enjoyed chatting. 

Contributor
Sister

Have a good weekend 

Thanks for initiating the forum.

Prolific scribe
Erin-RO

Apologies I have been a little in and out of tonights conversation @taokat @Sister especially when it's such a good one! Smiley Happy