Need help now?

I hate my life

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Kittenlover

Re: I hate my life

You poor thing.

You sound completely overwhelmed, which is understandable. Sometimes, to be a good mother you need to look after yourself first.

I’m not talking about completely ignoring your kids, but if there is nothing left in your bucket, it will be very hard for you to attend to their needs. Your needs need to be quenched as well.

Is there something you can do for yourself right now, that will make you feel better? Have you thought about reaching out for counselling? Can you think of anything that will fill your bucket just a tiny bit?

I’ve been working with kids for over 30 years, and trust me: the TV isn’t going to kill them, for a while, while you recoup.

Forget thinking about what kind of mother you are, and start thinking about ways that you can love yourself, or be loved by others.

This might mean reaching out to someone, even just for a conversation, but in the end this is what will save you.
Casual scribe
Vanessa-RO

That's really insightful and I appreciate you sharing that @Kittenlover 

Self care and time for yourself is also very important for a parent. 

Scribe
6lostbananas6

First off . . . . Your not a bad mom, your just tired, tired of being tired, probably mentally and emotionally and physically. . . . . I feel like I just read my own story, with a few differences here and there, but honestly I feel like I am in the same position. It sucks to know somone else feels this way but than again, it kinda makes me feel better. Because I know now that I'm not alone in this feeling. If you need somone to talk to one on one and not just in a forum. I'm here
Prolific scribe
Iona_RO

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @6lostbananas6 

I'm really sorry to hear you're going through a tough time at the moment too, but glad to hear you're feeling a bit less alone after reading someone else's similar experience.

It's really great to read your support for other mums - would you like to share a bit more about what you're dealing with just now? If you feel comfortable sharing, we will be able to direct you to some relevant supports & resources.

( Also just a quick reminder that our forums are anonymous to keep everyone in the community safe. You can read our guidelines hereSmiley Happy )