Need help now?

My son pulling eyebrows

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Casual scribe
Parent888
Solved!

My son pulling eyebrows

My son started pulling eyebrows by hair since last year. He pulled almost all his eyebrows and it is almost grew. But started year 8, he pulled again. He refused to admit it. He needs to talk to me or anyone else. He just said he is fine, not due to stress. He can try to stop pulling eyebrows.

What should I do? Should I keep observation or seek further help.

Also, he strongly refused to talk to school

Accepted Solutions
Mod
Stormy-RO
Solution

Re: My son pulling eyebrows

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @Parent888 I can see that you're already taking some really important steps towards understanding what's happening with your son by talking to the GP. I see that your son is reluctant to get help with this and you're also worried about his sleep. How long have his sleep issues been happening for? Sometimes these things can all be connected. I was also curious as to whether you've been able to discuss with him that you've noticed these things and concerned about what's been going on? We have an article here on effective communication with teenagers which may have some things you haven't tried before.

I was curious to know if you have been in contact with anyone at his school about whether he's struggling at all? It may be helpful to get some guidance yourself on how to manage these issues as well. Parentline allows you to talk to a trained counsellor over the phone in real-time. I might also recommend our 1-1 Parent Coaching service which can give you further resources and tools for this issue. Let me know what you think.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Mod
Bel_RO

Hi @Parent888 ,

Welcome to the ReachOut Parent forums! I can see how difficult it would be to see your son pulling out his eyebrow hairs. Although, It is great to see you reaching out for support and advice for your son.

I am wondering how you are feeling about this and if you have spoken to a GP about your concerns? I am also interested to know if your son has any other behaviours at the moment that you might be concerned about?

Casual scribe
Parent888

I have spoken to GP at the very first beginning. He suggested if this behaviour continues, I can speak to school or go back to GP.

But my son strongly refused to talk to school or GP.

He also has sleep problem, refused to make new friends. And watching YouTube at most of the time at home, refused to go out with me (don't want to leave home)
Mod
Stormy-RO
Solution

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @Parent888 I can see that you're already taking some really important steps towards understanding what's happening with your son by talking to the GP. I see that your son is reluctant to get help with this and you're also worried about his sleep. How long have his sleep issues been happening for? Sometimes these things can all be connected. I was also curious as to whether you've been able to discuss with him that you've noticed these things and concerned about what's been going on? We have an article here on effective communication with teenagers which may have some things you haven't tried before.

I was curious to know if you have been in contact with anyone at his school about whether he's struggling at all? It may be helpful to get some guidance yourself on how to manage these issues as well. Parentline allows you to talk to a trained counsellor over the phone in real-time. I might also recommend our 1-1 Parent Coaching service which can give you further resources and tools for this issue. Let me know what you think.

Casual scribe
Parent888

Thank you for your suggestions and resources. My son's sleeping problem since term start this year. But I will try to read through all the information. If the situation continues, I will seek one to one consultation. The information suggested is useful. Thank you!