04-16-2019 12:33 AM
@Dad4good , thank you for replying. All I can do is start anew like you mentioned and hope this habit dies down. I am looking into a new school for him, however the high schools in Miami are not so great, and we live in a great neighbourhood. Other option, I will look into charter schools then again there's a waiting list. We only have a month and half till school lets out. I will keep him at home and home-schooled until I find a safer option. Have a great week!
04-16-2019 03:21 AM
1) Let her smoke outside. Smoking is her choice.
2) Faking mental illness, is indicative of an underlying mental problem.
3) Stand your ground more, no room for arguments. Don't fight with her. Don't let her fight.
4) Next time she threatens suicide, take her to an open therapist office or psychiatrist etc.
5) 5-7 years of emotional blackmail doesn't mean you failed as a parent. You just have a **bleep**ty kid.
Hope that helped.
It looks like you’re visiting us from a country other than Australia.
We are an Australian service and think you’d benefit more from looking up a similar service in your country.
You are welcome to look around the forums, but please don’t make an account or post, as we can’t offer you the help you may need.
Before you go ahead and post, you should know that we remove non-Australian accounts – not because we don’t want to help or connect with you, but because we may not be able to provide you with the service that you require.