Need help now?

How can i get my 16 year old daughter to see my point of view and forgive a mistake i made ?

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

How can i get my 16 year old daughter to see my point of view and forgive a mistake i made ?

Super frequent scribe
ElleBelle

Re: How can i get my 16 year old daughter to see my point of view and forgive a mistake i made ?

Thanks for the update @Concerned, I was thinking about your situation recently and was hoping you'd return. I'm sorry to hear that things are still tense between you and your daughter. Being interstate must make meaningful contact especially difficult. Do you have plans to be in the area any time soon? It might help to catch up face-to-face so she can see and feel your genuine remorse. If she does need time and space to get over these feelings of anger, then perhaps it's best to respect her wishes and leave the subject alone until you can see her in person.

If you don't mind me asking, aside from talking to your friend - how are you coping with this? Guilt and worry are heavy emotions to bear for extended periods.