Need help now?

school holiday

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Contributor
readthemanual

school holiday

it's school holiday now. What are your teens doing if you are not on a family trip?

Most parents have to leave children at home for work. Do you know what they are doing? Are you worried in anyway?

Some times I don't like Australian holidays, cut short so that long trips are hard to plan plus plane tickets are expensive during holidays.

New member? Introduce yourself here by answering our 5 question Q&A!
Contributor
Sophie-RO

Re: school holiday

How about you @twentyfive, will the school holidays mean impact the issues yr having that you mentioned in the other thread?

Contributor
Mitzi

With the weather being so cold and wet in Sydney, my 16-y-o son has not ventured out very often this first week. He worries about that and asks "is it OK to want to hibernate?. I'm a hibernator from way back. but say "try to keep a balance, go out for a walk in you can, ask friends over."

Personally I just want my Doona and Foxtel remote when it's raining and freezing.

Contributor
Sophie-RO

Yes hello doona and netflix!

Super frequent scribe
AmyJay

Welcome to new members @Beekeeper @Hopefulmum @Ameelai @Maree and @Mmmmm ! Thanks for joining us here! How did you hear about Reachout Parents? What topics would you like to see here? What are your troops up to these holidays? Mr9 has been a sports day camp for 3 days, Mr16 has been to the movies, out shopping with my Mum, to the beach with girlfriends and working at her casual job, Mr18 is studying for the HSC so bit of prep, workshops at school, Palm beach with girlfriend, movies with mates and party tonight. I am taking Ms16 for a drive next week to get her hours up= L's (taking one day annual leave to spend some time with her one on one) and having lunch up the coast somewhere. I would also like to take Mr9 and Ms16 to the IMAX at Darling Harbour to see a 3D movie. What about you @readthemanual? My husband is home most days as he is on holidays and I worked from home one day this week to mind Mr9 while he went into work.

New member? Let us know what's on your mind by Starting a New Topic here. Or replying to one here.

Contributor
readthemanual

my daughter is in Youth Parliament right now. If you have teenagers in Sydney, you might want to let them know that they can actually visit the parliament house and watch from the gallery. Young people interested in politics are dressed up and debating on various issues. Parliamentary representatives are acting as speakers.

I actually find the format interesting.

New member? Introduce yourself here by answering our 5 question Q&A!
Highlighted
Contributor
Sophie-RO

Great insight @readthemanual - thanks for the heads up!