Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Casual scribe
autis_mum09

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

new mum of a 4 months baby boy.
Juggling work, motherhood while being neurodivergent is a completely different roller coaster
Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @autis_mum09,

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like it has been a struggle to adjust to being a mother alongside your own needs. Parenting is so tough and you're still in the stage of getting the hang of things. Is there anything in particular that you're struggling with right now?

Unfortunately our forum caters towards parents of teenagers experiencing mental health difficulties. As your son is 4 months old, our resources and referrals may not be appropriate for you. Do you have any support at the moment? Whether that be family, friends or professional services? We have found this parent and carer's group which might be a helpful service for you depending on where you are located. 

Scribe
Daniel36

Hi

Daniel, 36yo, first time parent.
My wife and I currently have a 3 month old daughter who is wonderful and takes us on a rollercoaster ride. Her smiles, chats and cheeky grin make us smile.
I'm used to dealing with high stress situations, so if they're starting to peak I pop her down, move away for 5 minutes and breathe through whatever is frustrating me.
I'm here because I'm looking for real advice, from people who have gone through it, not just some book that claims to know my child better than we do when every bit of advice is generic.
Casual scribe
Emma-Smithi

1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they've done recently that made you laugh?      I am 27 years old .I have 1 child.
2. Parenting can be really stressful - how do you try to keep those stress levels down?           By enjoying every moment of parenting life.
3.Whats the best thing about weekends? Spending time with family.

Frequent scribe
Worriedmun

Hi. I have stumbled on this website and hoping to find through this unpredictable and embarrassing mess. My 17yr old has some anger issues and is lashing out verbally at the whole family except her father who doesn’t live here and has had little to do with her until recent times.
Today was the worst day yet with my daughter punching a photo frame and smashing glass into her hand while I was at work. I called to check in after a blow up yesterday and then having her stay at a friends place o’nite. She was in tears and said she had a meltdown bi called my mum who went over to sit with her and help as best she could.
I don’t know what to do but have booked another Dr appointment to ask for more help.
Her anger and lashing out is straining the whole family. Mostly it’s just the two of us at home. My partner doesn’t live with us and retreats to his place when things get tough - he finds it hard not to be angry in response.
Casual scribe
Wonder-and-Woe

Hi Everyone, 

I have 2 kids a 19 year old son and an almost-16year old AFAB son. My 16 year old has a diagnosis of Tourette Syndrome but I suspect there maybe FND as well. We are in the process of proper assessment and diagnosis.

We live in southern Tas with my husband, 2 big dogs, and a little cat. We also have our friend and her 2 children living on our property with us as we are her registered carers. It's a lot. 

Smiley Happy

Prolific scribe
Chloe-RO

Hi @Wonder-and-Woe ,

Welcome to the forums! Thank you for sharing a little about yourself with the ReachOut community.

It sure does sound like it can be a lot! 

Do you make time for self-care so that you can better manage everything? Say, meditation, going for walks, exercise?

See you around on the forums!

Frequent scribe
Worriedmun

Hi,

I am trying to shift to a more positive balance.

Unfortunately, stress seems to very quickly result in pain and inflammation in my lower back. I was barely able to move around in January and my back is starting to falter again the past few days.

I had my daughter revisit the GP for a medication review. She also has a new contact number for a psychologist- just need to get her to call now.

I have made myself an appointment for a couple of week’s time.
Highlighted
Casual scribe
Wonder-and-Woe

Thanks Chloe, 

I take time for myself to do some gaming, which helps me switch off. 

Smiley Happy

Scribe
foxymum

Introducing myself

Hi, I am a mum of 2 kids, 13 & 15, and looking for support from other parents or carers.
I have ADHD and my son has mental health issues - mainly anxiety. He is a gamer and I think he has a 'gaming disorder'.
I was doing some research on 'school refusal' and came across a link for ReachOut Parents One-on-One Support, and I followed the link. I'm glad I did. I have found a parent forum for 'school refusal' and have found this helpful.
I look forward to using ReachOut.com.