07-01-2019 11:40 AM
Hello Parents Community!
School Holidays are fast approaching across Australia, with some schools already on holidays as of this week!
School holidays bring up a mix of emotions for parents and teens...there can be a mixture of excitement and stress with lots and lots of time to fill!
As a community, let's make a masterlist of activities teens and parents can do during the school holidays. This list will become a resource we will continue to use for school holiday periods for parents looking for ideas!
Let's make a big list, and number our ideas to see how many we can collate! Can we make it to 1000 ideas?
Here's the first two; what can you add to this list?:
1. Board game nights
2. Bike rides
07-02-2019 11:19 AM
07-03-2019 05:18 AM
14. Play online games (e.g., fortnight) with your child (although expect to lose!)
15. Go to the zoo
16. Karaoke (did this a couple of days ago, kids loved it)
17. Bowling (let them bring a friend - more the merrier)
18. Clean the house . . . . sorry, not the point of the discussion, but let's face it, their input helps!
07-03-2019 01:00 PM
07-05-2019 02:33 PM
22. Chase the dog around the yard
23. Build a fort under the dinner room table
24. Use Cardboard Boxes to make a castle
25. Do a treasure hunt
26. Play Hide and seek
27. Have an family athletics competition..
Handicapped.. i.e. young kids have less distance to run. Throw from a different line etc.
28. Make Lemonade
07-18-2019 11:50 AM
Incredible list there @JAKGR8 - I've counted that is an additional 50 ideas!! Which brings our number up to 78!
79. Go to a pet store to look at the animals
80. Visit the RSPCA to volunteer
81. Go to a trampoline fun park or bounce playground (just as fun for adults as kids!)
82. Visit relatives
83. Bush art- what can you make from the landscape around you?
84. Toast marshmallows over a campfire
85. Star gazing on a clear night
86. Check out the activities happening in your local council areas. There may be school holiday activities that are free for families!
10-08-2019 09:23 AM
School Holidays are in full swing for most states in Australia! Any thoughts about how you will be keep your teens entertained these school holidays?
87. Go for a bike ride
88. Make a family photo book with your favourite memories
89. Swap a skill! Teach your teen a new skill, and get them to teach you a new skill!
90. Start watching a TV series as a family
91. DIY handcraft- here are some suggestions from our youth forums!