Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Casual scribe
mominnoho

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

Hi - I'm a new member MominNoho

1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they've done recently that made you laugh?

I have a 15 year old daughter.  Haven't laughed in a bit.

2. Parenting can be really stressful - how do you try to keep those stress levels down? Been trying to get some rest. 

3. What led you to ReachOut Parents today? I need to vent. Wrote a long email earlier  - just need support now.  Always supporting others, but now I'm the one in need.

4. Whats your top tip for parents whose kids are about to enter teenage years? Therapy & Self Care.  They are who they are and they have to figure it out.  You can only shape them but so much.  If you're lucky, they will come back to you and admit their mistakes. 

5. Whats the best thing about weekends? Unwinding

Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @mominnoho and welcome to ReachOut! Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself to the parents community and for letting us get to know you better. It sounds like you might be interested in speaking to other parents about what is happening in your family, is this correct? We would really love to hear more and see how our community can support you. If you click this link here you can write a message to tell the community what is happening in your life and how our community can help.

If you need a hand with getting started, let one of our community members know. We look forward to getting to know you better Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Hi @SM548 and, @saphyra welcome to ReachOut! We can see that you have both made your first posts in the Parents Community Smiley Happy

We would love to get to know you better, would you be interested in introducing yourselves to our community here?

Check out our community activities calendar here
Active scribe
saphyra

Hi I’m going to attempt to introduce myself.

1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they've done recently that made you laugh?
I’m 37 I have two kids aged 17 (girl) and 11 (boy). I am also 26 weeks pregnant with my third child.
My son makes me laugh every day, today he declared he has salmonella because he tasted a boiled egg at Cubs.
2. Parenting can be really stressful - how do you try to keep those stress levels down?

At the moment I have lost the battle with stress, I’m just working through things moment by moment today.
3. What led you to ReachOut Parents today?
My daughter and I are having issues, I found drugs in her room and since trying to talk to her about it she has basically run away to her nans house and has threatened suicide if I talk to her
4. Whats your top tip for parents whose kids are about to enter teenage years?
I wish I had tips, I had no idea my child would be like this and I have no clue how I could of prevented it.

5. Whats the best thing about weekends?
Sleeping in
Casual scribe
Changemymind

I'm new :-)

I'm 54

My kids are 22 and 25 years

My 22 year old daughter has the behaviour or a 19 year old (born this way, God love her)

I looked for this forum today as I want to learn more and interact with others dealing with parenting issues

Top Tip: Children grow into adults who will challenge you on your past parenting - and that is ok, as we teach them to be accountable so are we.

Weekends are made for replenishing the soul with sport, social gatherings and time out on a blanket on the lawn with your kids.

Parent/Carer Community Champion
gina-Ro

@saphyra  massive welcome to you - Thanks for the introduction Smiley Very Happy

Managing teens is challenging enough, without being pregnant too - what a super woman! 

I saw your post about your daughter -will pop over there to read properly and repsond. 

Again, welcome to the community, and I hope we're able to give you some support through all the stress.  Heart

Casual scribe
mominnoho

Thanks so much!

Active scribe
saphyra

Thank you, kind words mean so much when times are rough
Scribe
Mizzoujk

HI

1. Three daughters 19, 15, 12. I laugh with them about the mistakes I make. Like yesterday getting a speed ticket. Shows them I'm human. I make mistakes. I own up to them. I learn from them. I ask for their input.

2. I cannot control anyone. I can control me. I choose to be happy and calm. I don't let what other people do or say impact me. Drivings a great example. When someone cuts me off I use to yell %$&*. Now I say, "Bless you," as if they've sneezed.

3. Google led me to ReachOut Parents.
4. My eldest daughter once told me, "Dad we have lots of friends but only one dad." I treat my daughters and everyone in my life the same. Like they are my best customer. Instead of talking, I listen to learn how I can help them. "What can I do for you?"
5. Ever day is a gift. Because I don't sit around and think. I'm always doing things I like to do to help others. Tonight for dinner I'm making pineapple chicken. I just took up cooking. I'm getting rave reviews.

Blessings,

Jack

Prolific scribe
Jay-RO

Hey there @Mizzoujk and welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

Being open about the mistakes we make with our kids can show them it's okay.

I also wanted to add that because we are an anonymous forums, I removed your location from the post.

See you around! Smiley Happy