06-13-2017 11:31 PM
1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they've done recently that made you laugh? My kids are 18, 17, 11. They tease me about my cooking but secretly they love it!
2. Parenting can be really stressful - how do you try to keep those stress levels down? I give myself time out! I have a chair in my room that I go and sit in to have a cup of tea and journal or listen to some music.
3. What led you to ReachOut Parents today? I'm interested in being part of a community
4. Whats your top tip for parents whose kids are about to enter teenage years? Don't make every conversation about the issue (whatever it is that your teen is facing) and make sure you keep doing things that your teen enjoys (eg: for us, it was baking with my daughter)
5. Whats the best thing about weekends? Slow mornings, kids sports, Saturday night movie at home with the family, church, friends over, outings (depending on the weather!)
06-14-2017 08:27 AM
06-14-2017 01:54 PM
06-14-2017 01:54 PM
06-14-2017 02:15 PM
Oh awesome! I know it's not really sewing but I love cross-stitch!
We'd love to hear more from you - some ideas to get started here are to:
1. Explore the topic tags - click on a topic that's relevent to you and see if there is anything you can reply to & support another parent.
2. Start a new discussion - in either
Chill Out (anything at all!)
Common Concerns (if something is on your mind)
Skills to Build (share something that works for you when it comes to parenting your teenager)
3. Come along to our live chat next Wednesday Night - find out more about Wednesday Wrap here. Put a reminder in your phone/diary!
4. Explore the Community Info to find out more
Hope to see you round!
06-18-2017 08:26 PM
Hi @Lienq, I love your idea of fabric and crocheting. This sounds really interesting. I'd like to hear more about it. Have you taught your girls? I'm a beginner crocheter with a little project on the go. I am a sucker for any of the Better Homes & Gardens mags that have colourful pictures of crocheting on the front!
06-18-2017 08:28 PM
hi im a mum of two girls of my own 19 and 14. i also in the last 2 years share a 10 year old step daughter.
I've come to reach out parents for guidance and support with my 14 year old , she is very different to the 19 year old was at the same age.
09:00AM to 10:00PM
We are not a counselling or crisis service and we can't guarantee you'll get a reply, so if you need to talk nowClick here for help
The current time is Sun, 12:56 AM
(Australian Eastern time)