Need help now?

HELP! At a loss and super worried.

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

HELP! At a loss and super worried.

Prolific scribe
Sandee

Re: HELP! At a loss and super worried.

Hi @Sunshine72 yes i think we need something positive thats for sure so im super happy at the moment and hoping things slowly keep going well xx
Prolific scribe
Sunshine72

@Sandee, ❤️❤️❤️
Prolific scribe
Sunshine72

Hi @Sandee,

How are you doing? How was your day today? Did he end up going to the gym last night?

Our son came home at 8:30m, grabbed some food and picked himself in his room. **bleep** hum.

He doesn’t go to sleep till about 2am and getting him up for school is always a challenge. Im exhausted today as I had a conference to attend. I needed to leave 10mins before him but he was still in bed telling me he’d just stay home. Last minute he got up and went to school. I haven’t had great news from school today and I’m at a conference (totally unfocused and teary) and he’s messaged my husband to tell him that his work shift got cancelled this afternoon (hmm?) and he’s going out!
I’ve left the conference. Feeling sick to the stomach. I’m so over it all. At the moment I have nothing to give.

Hope you’ve had a better day. X
Prolific scribe
Sunshine72

Locked himself in his room not picked! (Autocorrect). He had spray paint all over his hands and clothes and am guessing that’s where he’s taking himself again tonight.

Have to laugh at the bleep that got inserted in my post (gotta laugh at something right), it was hohum but with a space that got *beeped* out. I get it but wrong context.

Hope you have a good night.
Prolific scribe
Sandee

Hello @Sunshine72
Wow you are having a rough time too it just doesnt seem to end.
Im sorry your dealing with this and his graffiti as well its so hard
Im so glad he went to school though i wish we could get that consistency but i also understand the drama to get them up its draining. You said you got bad news from the school is everything ok?

My son went to the gum and seemed fine until this morning. My hubby went in as normal to get him up for school and was told im not going because mum didnt make me eggs yesterday and get out go away. He decided to get up at around 9.30 and then it began. He called out mum can i have breakfast i said yes come watch me make them so that you can do it when im away.
Im currently writing this sitting on the plane lol
He kicked off again and said no well im not going to school then. I said i thought you told your dad you werent going he said i didnt say that mmm
Anyway he came down again and said in his uniform can you please make me eggs. I asked are u going to school he said i dont know and why are you blackmailing me. I said im not i just want to show u how he said ill just have to get up early when your away mmmmm so i made the eggs on that pretence.
Anyway it took until 12 noon and i took him to school. As soon as i pulled up he said im not going there is no point. He knew i was leaving for the airport 12.30. I tried again to say thats its for his benefit to finish year 9 and we would help anyway we could. I told him he will struggle getting jobs and any further schooling without it. He said ill just get a job at maccas. Which is fine by me. I asked again to please go to school as i had driven here and i needed to go so i dont miss my flight, he said no i want to go home so i started to head home I said ok but as long as you realise we wont be giving you money. He cracked it said ok im going in so i had to pull up in the middle of the road he got out of the car said im being an idiot told me to shut up and said i was stingy. I cannot believe the abuse. I rang my husband on the way home and said thats it. When you pick him up he either commits to going to school the normal hours doing the work or get a job. I cannot emotionally deal with these antics anymore just to try and get him to school.
My son just cant see it sadly so we will just keep trying to show him as best we can. But i cannot do anymore mornings like this again. If he doesnt go then he can get a job at maccas and work it out later when he matures a bit more or lets us help him.

Hope your ok and your day was better than mine xx
Prolific scribe
Sunshine72

Hi @Sandee,

I’m sorry that it all went askew this morning but well done to you sticking to your guns. It sounds like he’s testing the waters to see your reaction and whether you’ll stick to it so the fact that you’re being consistent i think is really showing him you mean it. It must be so tough but you’re doing great sticking to it. I feel he’ll get the message and decide. Makes it harder when you’re away. Hope you’re ok? 🙏🏼

School have said because his grades and effort are so low they don’t know if he’ll get to do a trade as TAFE won’t accept him as he will prob fail. If he doesn’t get the trade I know he’ll drop out for sure. I tried to talk to him about it when he got home tonight but he’s angry saying I hate that school etc. he really thinks they’ve got it in for him. He said if he doesn’t get it he’s going to drop out! I tried to explain its TAFE and he should just try his best but he’s only hearing what he wants. Not much more I can do.

How is your mum doing? Hope she’s comfortable. I’m glad you’re back spending some time with her. Is that where your daughter is too? Hope you’re all together. Thinking of you. xx
Prolific scribe
Sandee

Hello @Sunshine72

Yes will be hard but i need a break my hubby is a bit more emotionally stronger than me and we have a bit of a plan and will just check with each other before any decisions are made.

Re school i hear you we got the email to say if he doesnt attend 100% and finis assignments he wont pass and lets face it thats not going to happen.

I though TAFE was a bit more flexible?
Would he consider a flexible learning school ? He is in year 10? Or maybe even home schooling? Its so hard cause at 16 they can legally drop out.
Sadly our sons are the same re thinking that the school has it in for them and they both hate it.

I hope your ok as i know how consuming and draining this is. Unless your in it people just dont get it. But i do and am here for you xx
You are doing a great job When i think im going to give up i look at you and see your not giving up so i keep trying.
My mums birthday is sun so thats why i have come as it will be the last birthday i can share with her. My daughter is here too and its so good to be with her
Thinking of you and hope you get some sleep and am here for you because lets face it the weekend is just around the corner and we both know thats harder. Stay strong you have got this xx
Prolific scribe
Sunshine72

Thank you as always @Sandee for your words of encouragement, they mean a lot. I feel like I’m on an emotional roller coaster that I can’t get off. Funny that you look at me not giving up, cause that’s how I look at you. We are going to get through this one way or another! With grey hairs and ulcers and twitches but we can do it. We’re loving mums. We can do it!

I’m so glad you’re with your mum and daughter and getting to spend time together. 🙏🏼❤️🥰 cherish every moment.

Home schooling is definitely not an option and I have been advised they’ve changed the tafe course, much tougher. I tried explaining it’s not school making the choice but no matter what , he has in his mind if he doesn’t get tafe he’ll drop out and then do a trade full time. He doesn’t comprehend that he still won’t get into TAFE if he drops out and blames school. Everything is schools fault! I mentioned hanging schools if he hates this one so much and that set him off again! I’m not sure how long he’s going to last (yes yr10). Is it the same for all states. I thought everyone has to go to yr12 and you can only drop out at 16 if you have an apprenticeship?

Here comes the dreaded weekend. Hope it’s a nice one for you with your mum and daughter making the most of precious time together. xx
Prolific scribe
Sandee

Hi @Sunshine72 

Hello just checking in to see how you are going?

Prolific scribe
Sunshine72

Hi @Sandee,

I’m sorry I haven’t replied. Things are very average here and Ive been in bed sick for the last couple of days. No energy or strength. Managing fluids. Feel terrible. Will hopefully start coming good soon.

How are things going your end? Hopefully better than here. xx