09-05-2016 05:06 PM
@JenniferS we do pits and cherries at our house also, except we call it 'worst thing, best thing'. It's funny how the mind always recalls the worst thing so easily but you have to think a bit harder to recall the best thing. I do find the more we focus on gratitude and 'the best thing' the easier it comes. Have you had a similar experience with doing pits and cherries?
10-18-2016 05:30 PM - edited 10-18-2016 05:44 PM
I was reading something over the weekend which said the act of writing down (or typing into you phone) three things you are grateful for - every day for 21 days - can actually rewire our brains to be more positive.
03-19-2017 04:37 PM
I know this is an older thread but I think it's a fabulous idea that we should try and keep going.
Today I'm grateful for -
- a roof over my head to keep us dry in the rain.
- my daughter's love
- having hope.
03-20-2017 12:53 PM
Agreed @taokat It's always a good time for an "Attitude of Gratitude!"
Today I'm grateful for:
1. My daughter worked on her Macbeth speech last night and wrote an amazing piece without any signs of annoyance or frustration or anger.
2. I had a 3 hour Nerf gun war with my son on Sunday and we had a ball. It was awesome to see that he's growing out of the tantrums if he loses thing.
3. My eldest is settled in her new place and is so happy. She texted me that she had set up her gas account. It was a proud moment for all of us.
03-20-2017 01:40 PM
Hi @Ngaio-RO. I love this conversation. We used to have a "best thing worst thing" dinner time talk about our day when the kids were younger and now they often start a conversation with "what's the best thing that happened to you today?". We also had a "one thing you learnt today that you didn't know when you woke up this morning" which often resulted in very funny conversations.
Anyway.... I'm grateful for:
1. My daughter, who suffers from anxiety and often refuses to go to school, went today without fuss, even though I could see she didn't want to;
2. The rain which means I can take "water the garden" off my to do list this week;
3. Cricket season finishing with a win at the Grand Final so my son is proud of his efforts and I don't have to drive him to the matches until the next season starts ;-)
09:00AM to 10:00PM
We are not a counselling or crisis service and we can't guarantee you'll get a reply, so if you need to talk nowClick here for help
The current time is Sat, 11:44 PM
(Australian Eastern time)