Need help now?

Happy Mother's Day for Sunday

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Message contains an image

All you awesome mums - Happy, happy, happy mother's day for Sunday.

I think you're all amazing women who give endlessly and selflessly to your equally amazing teenagers.

I hope you get spoiled rotten. Or at least get a moment to yourself!

Go on with your bad self!

Saturday Night Live snl saturday night live mom amy poehler GIF

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: Happy Mother's Day for Sunday

Straight back atcha @Ngaio-RO! And thank you Smiley Happy

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Want to update on your day @taokat ?

Or @Big_Crab

I'd love to hear from @lucille  @LovingThruBlue  @Bigash  @Red21  @taziness and all the other mums about how their day was.

Mine was super low key. Everyone in pyjamas all day. I spent the majority of the day fighting with my 7-year-old son over whose turn it was on the X-box. Considering it was Mother's Day, I feel I should have won way more than I did.

Highlighted
Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains an image

You should have uninterrupted access to the xbox on Mother's Day @Ngaio-RO! No fair! lol

I had a lovely day. Started off with pressies, and my daughter made a big effort this year. Mind you Ngaio, my mum told me she had asked to borrow between $500 -$800 to buy me a laptop. God love her, but shall I just say I didn't get a laptop. 

The family came here for lunch and we had a really funny afternoon. Then my daughter went back to her room and I did all the washing up. Yes, you are right - that was a gripe lol. The rest of the day I felt spoilt, so I shouldn't whinge! This was my card Heart

My Mother's Day cardMy Mother's Day card

Sorry, that's hard to read.

She wrote:

Mother of thy youthful child,

May you be blessed with that of a beautiful day.

A mother of top ranks thou be better than all else ye be (Sorry to all the other mum's out there!)

May thou be in knowledge that thou be cherished by me.

Signed, thou daughter.

Classic!!

How was everyone else's day?

Prolific scribe
Lily17

The best I've ever had.. My girls filled up the inside of a box with goodies.. Then, on the outside of the box 20 assorted choccy bars taped to it. We then went to the markets and they bought me 2 plants for the garden. I also got a Nutella pancake for breaky and dinner they baked a roast.. It wasn't so much of what they did but asking me what I liked, just simple things like the cards they made how they didn't fight over who gave what.. It was just peaceful - with a SN child who spends half of her life screaming and didn't that day. They were a little disappointed that I didn't need and nails or screws!!

Super star contributor
taokat

That sounds lovely @Lily17! How nice is it to have one day of attention and love, where they all pull together to show you how much they mean to you. I'm so glad you had such a beautiful, peaceful day.