Need help now?

Today I'm grateful for...

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Essel

Re: Today I'm grateful for...

Sending you hugs and wishes for a turnaround with your son.
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Today I am grateful for the really beautiful yellow flowers on my walk to the tram station Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar here
Active scribe
SummerSunshine

I am grateful to have three beautiful, loving and healthy children and am so happy that they are a part of my life.

Scribe
Robey

Nice words, though being a parent of 3 totally rocks Cat Very Happy

We also have 3 angels)) Their favorite time is family game night (no i`m not speking about smth with whiskey and pokies) sounds great in theory. But after the fifth year of weekly Candy Land tournaments to accommodate your youngest children, you find yourself fighting the urge to shove King Kandy’s face right into Licorice Lagoon and hold him there until he stops kicking. Good luck)

Parent/Carer Community Champion
Faob_1

Today I am grateful for:

1. A loving patient husband and life partner

2.  A small vege garden I can potter in for a few minutes to relax my mind

3. Sunshine and birdcalls in the trees

Still working on getting our kids through life, but I am grateful for the other things that make my days bearable!

sunflowermom

I'm grateful my heater works in my home.
I'm grateful it's Sunday and I can take a nap
I'm grateful for a fridge full of food
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Some really beautiful affirmations of gratitude @sunflowermom and @Faob_1

Today I am grateful for such a supportive family, who rally round me during difficult days and remind me how loved I am

Check out our community activities calendar here
Star contributor
Janine-RO

I really love all of these! 

@Faob_1  I also find so much joy in my garden! What do you grow?  I never thought I'd turn into someone who loves to potter in the garden, but I find it so soothing. Still heaps to do, but we want to put in some raised veggie beds and I'm excited about growing more food! We have a lot of possums who break my heart a bit, they ate every single mandarin last year Smiley Wink I do find it very therapeutic getting my hands dirty. 

I am grateful for my kids, even if they may well send me grey soon (!) - after a challenging year health wise, I am also incredibly grateful for our public health system and amazing doctors and nurses. 

I'm also grateful for my family - we had our first ever family thanksgiving last week (my husband is American but we've never done a celebration for my parents etc) and it was really lovely going around the table, talking about what we are thankful for. 

Star contributor
Janine-RO

@sunflowermom  I am ALWAYS grateful when I'm able to take a nap! I had one on Sunday and it was the best. 

Highlighted
Faob_1

@Janine-RO Hi again - I grow lots of herbs, tomatoes, beetroot, spinach and lettuces, Paris carrots - the little round ball type,   eggplants.  Keeps me sane!

I should also have added last week that I was grateful for my three Year 12 students who graduated last week and all had lovely things to say about me in front of the new Principal and school and parents. It was life affirming and I really needed to hear their words that day!

I am grateful for our son keeping in touch with us, even if it is to bemoan his life, or blame us, or speak with a sharp tone at times... 

I am grateful for our 20 year old daughter who is navigating the world of uni, work and life well, and always willing to talk when there's a hiccup. I am grateful for the free counselling services she accesses. 

Have a great day everyone.