Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Scribe
Mumof8

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

1. How old are your kids and what is one thing they've done recently that made you laugh?
20,18,15,14,13,11,6 & 2

2. Parenting can be really stressful - how do you try to keep those stress levels down? Take 5 mins to myself
3. What led you to ReachOut Parents today? Struggling with 5 teenagers
4. Whats your top tip for parents whose kids are about to enter teenage years? Buckle up for the ride
5. Whats the best thing about weekends?
Not having to wake up to the alarm

Mod
Taylor-RO

Hi @Mumof8, thank you so much for sharing. When you have some free time to yourself, what do you like getting up to? You mentioned that you are struggling with 5 teenagers at the moment, if you feel comfortable sharing more of your story, you are welcome to create your own thread by clicking 'Start a topic' in the top right hand corner. Glad to have you here Heart
Scribe
cris122280

Hello. I am a mother of three but I am looking for help and support in raising my middle son. He is almost 14.
Mod
Sophia-RO

Hello @cris122280 , welcome to the forums. We are glad that you have joined and hope that you are able to find the support you are looking for. If you do want to share more about your situation, please feel welcome to create your own thread by clicking 'Start a topic' in the top right hand corner Smiley Happy.

Parent/Carer Community Champion
eitak1

Hi warm welcome from a covid lockdown! Have you thought of headspace or PCYC? There are some great team building and independence and resilience supports for teens! I am not sure whether you need to reconnect and rediscover your own 14 year old? It's always a challenge and it's great that you have dropped in here to start the difficult conversation! We are not perfect and acknowledging our imperfections can help us bring some playfulness back into our relationships.
Stay in touch welcome 🏵️
Mod
MaryRO

Hi @eitak1,

These supports are great. Thank you for you input, encouragement and support to the community. It's wonderful to see the community helping others. 

Moderator Hours

This forum is moderated from

09:00AM to 11:00PM

We are not a counselling or crisis service and we can't guarantee you'll get a reply, so if you need to talk now

Click here for help

The current time is Fri, 11:32 PM
(Australian Eastern time)