Need help now?

Community Guidelines: must read!!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Community Guidelines: must read!!

Active scribe
Jacew

Re: Community Guidelines: must read!!

Thanks Sophie great set of guide lines for us all to up hold.
Founding member
waldo_pepper
Solution

Mitzi, I agree with your suggested change to Cultural Diversity guidelines.

Contributor
Sophie-RO

Hi guys, yes the first version is quick, easier to read, the second post is longer and has the detail.

We do need a version that people are more likely to read, but can go to the longer one if they want more details about why a certain guideline exists.

I'll make it more explicit! Thanks @Mitzi
Active scribe
Nero4554

Hi, I’ve just re-read the guidelines and my son is 21. Should I continue to be on this forum.
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Hi @Nero4554,

Thank you for reaching out to ask about guidelines around age. You are more than welcome to continue to read and post, just keep in mind that some of the key issues discussed on the forums and resources offered are targeting parents of teens and may not always be relevant for young adults. Reading back through your posts, I know that so many parents here can relate to your story and we would like to continue to offer you support and connection with others who can understand. 

If you would like any options for youth related resources in future, we are also happy to point you in the direction of youth services too that may have more age-relevant information for your son Smiley Happy Hope this clears up your questions! If you need to check any of the guidelines, more than happy to chat them through with you in future.

Check out our community activities calendar here
Scribe
Sunnyhill

Hi Jess & all

My son is also not a teenager - about 35 - so if you can advise who would be best to contact re drug issues for someone that age I would be very grateful

Highlighted
Star contributor
Janine-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @Sunnyhill , 

I'm so sorry for the late reply to your post. If you're looking for a forum similar to this one to get support, the Sane Forums are for people over 18 as well as parents and carers, you can check them out here. Family Drug Support Australia also offer support for families and have online and phone support available. 

Best wishes, 

Janine 

Casual scribe
electrical

The material on this website is provided for educational purposes only and is not to be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment, or in place of therapy or medical care.

Casual scribe
electrical

The guidelines below seek to protect the integrity of both. How to leave an outstanding comment. To help you make the most of your comment, here are four things to do before clicking Submit.

Scribe
betvisionvn

thank you for this guidelines.