Need help now?

Teen stealing then lying

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Active scribe
Spatty

Teen stealing then lying

My gson took a few gold charms that belonged to my other gson who is in the army..His Mom found them in his jewelry box. They asked if I gave these to him..I told him no and went into his box and took them back. I then confronted him with why he would take these items without asking. He said that I told him he could wear one of his cousins charms, and he took them all to determine which he wanted to wear. I never told him he could take any of them. He looks me right in my face and lied. When I had the chance of communicating with him without anyone around he admitted that I didn't give him permission..He apologized and I told him we could move forward because he admitted to it. Last night he came to my house and yet again he has another charm I forgot about on his neck. Family's sitting at the dinner table, I didn't want to make a scene, so I asked quietly about it. I took it right off his neck and said nothing. Again he said that I said he could wear one of his cousins charms...I have not approached this with his parents yet. I also noticed my son has put a lock on his bedroom door. Anyone have any suggestions?

Super frequent scribe
Danielle-RO

Re: Teen stealing then lying

Hi @Spatty, welcome to the forums. It sounds like you are going through a difficult situation with your gson (which, just checking, you mean as grandson or God son?). You certainly seem to be making every attempt to be understanding, and not to embarrass anyone with a public display of anger or discipline - which I consider a great start.

I'm going to tag in some users who may be able to offer advice and insight based on their own experiences: @taokat @Schooner @beehive @littlecore @lucille @jphole

Star contributor
Breez-RO

Hello @Spatty welcome to the forums as @Danielle-RO mentioned, keen to know whether this is your Grandson or your Godson to help gain some clarity. The door lock is interesting. Are you saying that your son has locked the door of your Grandson's bedroom door? Look forward to hearing from you.

Active scribe
Spatty

This is my grandson. My son has put a lock on his own door so his son can't go in there while my son isn't home. I did do that when my kids were teen's so I could have privacy.
Active scribe
Spatty

Thanks.. I will check them