Need help now?

Parents - Pretend To Be Your Teen & Let's Write a Story!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains a hyperlink

Okay parents we need your help to write a story. We all know raising a teenager can be stressful, so we want to have a bit of fun with this, and see what we can write as a community. I'll pull all the contributions together as we're going along, making it easier to follow the story.

Pretend you are your teen and for the next line, in keeping with the story, write something they would say, do or think, that makes you laugh. It can be something you really find humorous, or it can be something that makes you laugh because you don't know how else to respond! 

The guidelines are very basic:

1. Write one or two sentences.
  2. Each post will be a continuation from the previous, so keep the story theme going.
  3. Tag at least two other members (if you have any trouble let us know, we'll help out).
  4. Remember to remain anonymous and within the Community Guidelines.
  5. Have fun! 

And so it began...

{muffled from under the doona} Do-on't, get o-out!! I'm sleepinggg!!!

@Beingme2017@Schooner@Lily17@Zoesplace@Lidya@Oceanentity@Ngaio-RO@LovingThruBlue@GrhRo

Parent/Carer Community Champion
Faob_1

Re: Parents - Pretend To Be Your Teen & Let's Write a Story!

"That's it, I'm packing a bag and leaving for good. Mum, you are taking my washing to the laundromat to dry it aren't you? When are you going?" 

@Schooner @Lidya

Highlighted
Prolific scribe
Schooner

"Not like that, you are doing it wrong! You know how I like it. I need a ride. And some money. I can't find my phone, help me find my phone. Where did you put my shoes! I need my shoes. Find my shoes! Oh, there they are."

Contributor
Beingme2017

text from Miss 16 (upstairs in her bedroom to me downstairs)

"I love you mum thanks for everything you do what's for dinner" 

@AeroGirl @Chalker

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Every time I ask Miss 17 to do anything...  "I'm just watching something" (on her phone)

Every time I encourage Miss 17 to do something now, instead of later.  "I'll do it later mum promise - Do you wanna bet?"   I should take her up on her bets, as it never happens!!

Oh.. and "Have you seen my ear phones / shoes / house key / school bag / opal card / phone charger?" and so on... Smiley Happy

@Piccola  @Snoopmum

Super frequent scribe
AeroGirl

"Actually, Mum, don't worry about dinner - my friend is coming to pick me up and we're meeting some others at the shops for dinner. But have you washed my favourite jeans yet? I put them in the wash this morning"

Super star contributor
taokat

What we have so far...with inserts to tie it all together...

{muffled from under the doona} "Do-on't, get o-out!! I'm sleepinggg!!!"

Why does my mum have to be sooooo annoying?? Argh! 

"That's it, I'm packing a bag and leaving for good. Mum, you are taking my washing to the laundromat to dry it aren't you? When are you going?"

I go out to the kitchen and Dad's making me a hot chocolate. 

"Not like that, you're doing it wrong. You know how I like it. I need a ride. And some money. I can't find my phone, help me find my phone. Where did you put my shoes! I need my shoes. Find my shoes! Oh, there they are."

Disaster diverted. Phew! 

"I love you Mum thanks for everything you do, what's for dinner?"

Oh no. Now she wants me to cut up some veggies...

"I'm just watching something. I'll do it later." Why does Mum say she doesn't believe me??! "Do you wanna bet?", I say, but I really can't be bothered chopping veggies...so I call one of my friends...

"Actually Mum, don't worry about dinner. My friend is coming to pick me up and we're meeting some others at the shops for dinner. But have you washed my favourite jeans yet? I put them in the wash this morning."

Active scribe
Oreo26

You NEVER do anything I ask you too Mom! Why are you so mean? I just want ONE pair of jeans washed! Geez!
Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains an image

If you wash my jeans for me, I'll do the washing up...tomorrow. I promise! Honestly!

Image result for fingers crossed behind back gif

@motherbear  @hashtagmum @Orbit64 @Jeepadventures @Snoopmum @Mumofthree

Prolific scribe
Lily17

If you do my washup tonight then I will do yours tomorrow night. Next night - I hate you, you lied to me and the dirty dishes do NOT have my name on them. Mum, I wish you'd never had my sister.